Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What I'm into January 2012


what I'm into January 2012
I just came across this post on another blog which led me to http://www.sortacrunchy.net/sortacrunchy/2012/01/what-are-you-into-january-2012.html which made me in turn want to do one of these once a month as well!

on my nightstand 
I've got like three different bibles..an everyday for a year bible, a John MacArthur Study bible, and one from hs...that's really my go to. Also, I've got my copy of One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It's a pretty good read. It makes me happy to see beauty in the little things, but it also makes me feel guilty for disregarding a lot of things in life without pausing to enjoy the beauty of the moment.
source Christianbook.com




tv show worth watching 
there are two shows that come to mind for me. I love abc's Once Upon a Time. So interesting how the writer's of Lost have blended fairy tales with modern day people. Plus the cast is awesome! Another guilty pleasure would be Revenge. Ooooh it's been really interesting to watch how seeking revenge damages the one carrying out the revenge, not just the person getting the payback. A very messy web.


movie i've seen (in or out of the theater)
well, I have seen the new Winnie the Pooh movie about 5 times in January, we rented Killer Elite last...my hubby loves all the Jason Statham movies.


in my kitchen
I have a new obsession interest in collecting pyrex. So in my kitchen this month, you will see all my Pyrex finds for January.
funny how they are mostly all yellow! i did just find my first Americana piece at GW for 4.99. (and I have a few coming in the mail too. :S )
We've also got some good quality meats and veggies in the fridge, and lots of yummy fruit...especially Clementines. I don't know how many we have gone through since the beginning of January, but my little lady LOVES them.


in my ears
I don't know what to say here. I feel like I have somehow lost myself when it comes to music.  I don't listen to much. I listen to talk radio when i'm in the toddlermobile...I'm trying to listen to John MacArthur teaching cds. My little lady has been making up the cutest songs EVER. Last night at dinner, she started singing about chicken skin of all things, and how much she loves it because it's lovely. (tasting not looking)


Well, that about rounds it up. Hope you participate too, this is fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment