Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thanks Lady, You just proved my point


What do these three things have in common?


Well, there's no need for keeping you on the edge of your seat for this one, I'll tell you.  
Today we went to a little friend's birthday party.  It was at a park. After enjoying pizza and a drink most the kids and mommy's and daddy's ended up over at the playground.  I don't know about you, but because my kids are still young (2 & 3) I supervise the heck out of them. Mostly because I don't want the big kids running them over.  

My little lady got ballsy enough today to try the "curly slide" as we like to call it over here.  With a little bit of trepidation, she sat at the top and I encouraged her to come on down! As she is in the middle of the descent, some huge 6-8 year old boy comes flying down the slide behind her. Momma bear came out, and I shouted, "Wait!!" (Didn't want bruises shaped like footprints on her back).  His mom who is on her cell phone calls him over and tells him to let little kids have their turn...yada yada yada...I'm playing with my daughter, but make my way over to her to say, "Sorry I yelled. I just didn't know how fast he was coming down that slide." Do you know what she did?

Nothing. She stared at me blankly, then looked away.

Soooooooo. As we are leaving the park...I am running through the whole scenario with my husband...all the way down to the last detail, ending with, "Can you believe that? Seriously, what is wrong with people these days?"  And my husband says, "People are totally just idiots these days."

What we didn't notice was the ginormous port o' potty on the edge of the park right beside where we parked and were not quietly discussing that woman. As I walked beside the potty, the door opened like 10 inches, I get a great big whiff of porto potty...and THE WOMAN sticks her head out of the door and says, "Hi." With her pants halfway down. She sure did want to make sure I knew she heard me. And I laughed. Because really, could she have proved my husband's point any better? classic.

      

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I needed that laugh! I'm picturing that now. Classy, classy, classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Stupid, selfish people suck. You're so much nicer than I am because I think I might have said something to the tune of, "get off your phone and be a parent to your kid!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't believe it really happened...it makes for a great story though!

    ReplyDelete