Friday, March 12, 2010

Again?

Another Friday, and I got nuttin'. Well, nothing for Five for Friday. You don't know how I actually do rack my brain over FfF..I could show you five stacks of folded clothes, or five dirty pots and pans that need washing...but instead I will tell you about a few things going on over here.

Last Saturday, we celebrated my littlest munchkin's birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies once you have kiddoodles.
Check out my little doll's dress my mom made for her when I found out I was going to have a girl. Long story short...I cried at the U/S because I wanted another boy, and I think my mom was trying to make me feel better about the whole girlly thing. It is absolutely precious on...and I've been doing doodlebug's hair up in two sloppy buns on either side of her head...and it rocks. She is such a stinkin' cutie if I do say so myself. Anyway, she's helping her daddy open up teabags for iced tea. such a helper.
My boy is all about telling jokes now. He heard one on PBS and now he is all over them. Here are a sampling of the jokes he tells..

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
"Why?"
"Chicken nugget."
~~~~~~~
"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Boo hoo why you cryin'?"
~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do chickens sit on their eggs?
Because they don't have any chairs!!"
~~~~~
On my daughter's true birthday this week, we went to the local bakery/diner, and I bought her and her brother a cupcake each. We had such a fun time together. Last night we were at the grocery store, and I picked up a couple all natural products that were on clearance...a cake mix and a frosting mix.
My boy said, "Mom when we gonna make that cake? That's a good idea." today at lunch, so I decided, heck, that was a good idea.
Best.cupcakes. eva. The frosting is really just a chocolate buttercream...two sticks of butter, a dribble of milk and the mix which was simply made from powder sugar, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Kinda made me wonder why we settle for tubbed frosting with 50 ingredients we can't pronounce.
Have a happy weekend all!!

3 comments: