Sunday, November 8, 2009

Five- Things that make you smile

Sorry I didn't get my FIVES done on Friday, but my hubby had a little health scare and we were at the hospital. My blog was the last thing on my mind!!

Today, though, I think about all the things that I have to be thankful for and here are some things that make me smile.

1. My daughter. She is one of the funniest little people I know. Yesterday we were driving somewhere in the car, and she was making a sleeping sound...like snore...shooooooooo...snore.. shooooooo. And her brother said, "No sissy, not that noise." But she kept doing it. Totally straight faced, looking him right in the eyes....and even more exaggerated. "snore...ssssssssshhhhhhhooooooo." I said, "Sissy, you are so funny." and started laughing...she kept up her sleeping sound...staring right at her brother and cracked the tiniest smile on the corners of her mouth.

2. My son. He is so smart and has just the best personality. When the fire rescue men and EMTs came to our house on Friday night, instead of being afraid, he says, "Hi Guys!!" We went to a restaurant yesterday and there was a little baby in a high chair at the table next to us. He says to the baby as we are leaving, "Hi baby. Smile big." (The baby smiles) " Then he says are you having fun?" I just love his sweet little personality.

3. My hubby. He really is such a sweet man and so supportive. There was never any question about me becoming a stay at home mom. He never complains if he comes home to a crazy house...and me sitting next to a pile of yarn. :) He's my best friend and so funny, smart and loving. He is such a good Daddy and knows exactly what to say to the kids when I am frustrated or at a loss. This little episode we had on Friday really made me think about how fragile life is and how every moment we have together is precious.

4. Finding a new pattern that works up really well. I love when I really want to find a pattern for something...like booties, slippers, a bag...and I find one that looks really cool...and I try it...and it works out so nicely for me. I have so many times found a pattern that I wanted to make and it sooooo doesn't work out for me. Hate that. So when it works, it is a very happy moment for me.

5. Hearing happy news. It really makes me so happy when I hear from a friend who has been lonely for such a long time who finally met their best friend and are getting married. Or a friend who says they are only having one babe...and they find out they are preggo with number 2...or somebody who is really hurting for money gets a wonderful promotion. Gosh I love happy news!!

What about you? What makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment