Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I messed up.

Like real bad on Monday night. Just kinda trying to throw things together for dinner. I had defrosted skinless, boneless chicken wings, and really had no idea what to do with them. at all.

so about 45 minutes before my man was due to arrive home i looked in a cook book and was thrilled to note that i did indeed have all the ingredients for chicken kiev. yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper. hmmm. never tried the kiev, have no idea what it is supposed to taste like..


cooked it. there was an overwhelming scent of garlic wafting from those humble breasts.


they were unedible. hubby came home and we taste tested. we went out to eat. but in this economy...can't let good chicken go to waste. i ziplocked them and wracked my brain for ways to use them and soon.


well happy cinco de mayo to me...i realized that they would be great in chicken enchiladas!!! woooooot. and they were absolutely fabulous. so my monday wreck turned into a tuesday treasure!!

2 comments: