Thursday, February 19, 2009

A little shout out to my man...


I don't know if it is just age, or having children or what it is that makes you reflect and say, "Where have the last ten years of my life gone."

Seriously, I think those words have filled my mind at least on a weekly basis since having my first child...I think it is a combination of looking at the newness and promise and potential in a new life, the realization that life is so fragile, and that life here is temporary. I have gone through many emotions ranging from grief to joy to frustration to contentment upon reflection of this very subject, and have finally just come to peace with where I am right now.

Well, I think this whole idea and concept has come crashing on my husband like a giant wave this week. He seemed sad and melancholy and after a few times of asking him if he was okay or not...I just got down and dirty and asked him what was wrong. He told me in not so many words that he was sad that the last ten years were gone and he wasn't further in his music career. Now don't get me wrong, he is not sad about the last ten years...he loves that we started dating almost ten years ago and we were married, and that he had beautiful babes with me. He even has no regrets about the "missed opportunity" to be an up and coming Spanish to English crossover artist's guitarist in 2001. I think the wind has been out of his sails since recording has come to a standstill and NONE of the original bandmates are in the band with him. (He's silly because recording starts again on Sunday!!)

Yesterday I took some photos for him, we played with them and put them up on his myspace...I think it looks great...He's got some new opportunities to gig out coming up really soon...he's encouraged. And I am happy. If you haven't taken a listen to his music ever, or lately, you should...and give him a little shout out here http://www.myspace.com/abiekayemusic I know it would mean a lot to him...and to me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel ya, g.

    i feel as though i wasted the last 10 years, when it comes to my art and writing. but never fear! some of the crap that these 20 something's have out is just bollocks and i can't believe people pay for it.

    it's all about marketing and nothing about real soulful talent (which is what you have plenty of).

    keep it real, g! and just imagine if you weren't playing at all... that would feel much worse, huh?! and you have a wife and kids who adore you and your musicality, even when if you aren't "rich and famous".

    namasté




    ***the previous comment had typos so i erased it.... there's no 'edit' button on these things, geez. ***

    ReplyDelete